Flashing a custom image on an Android mobile could be just fun. But if you don't know why you want to do it, or do it just because it's a challenge. Then don't!
The bad and the good
I'm only pointing out some of the cons and the pros here.
- An OS image could contain malware; only use community trusted images.
- If you don't pay attention you can get malware running as root. That's B A D !
- May not have all the phones vendor functionality.
- The image may be buggy.
Consequences of a buggy image
- Lock up your phone when you least expect it.
- Drain the battery quicker.
- Suddenly reboot.
- You can get a newer more secure operating system.
- Use less battery.
- No crapware.
- Extra security functions.
sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot
Download custom a recovery image. Personally I prefer ClockworkMod and the touch recovery. Note, this image is compiled for the Nexus 4 phone. Other phones use other images.
wget http://download.cyanogenmod.org/get …